The Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency's Geospatial Information Systems Section maintains the agency's web-based GIS information platforms. Additionally, GIS provides spatial analyses, develops cartographical information, creates GIS applications and tools, and oversees the GIS information and data management activities to support the mission of the agency. The GIS program is responsible for enablng and collaboration through the use of geospatial data in order to protect Georgia and its citizens from the impacts of natural and manmade hazards.
The goal of the GIS section is to use GIS data to enhance decision support, improve process efficiencies and expand citizen communication throughout the state and our region.
The following links provide real-time feeds and notifications:
- GEMA/HS ArcGIS Apps and Information Online Portal
- Georgia GIS Clearinghouse Login
- Georgia Spatial Data Infrastructure (GaSDI)
- FEMA Hazus
- FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC) Data for Declared Flood Disaster Areas
- FEMA's Flood Map Service Center
- National States Geographic Information Council (NSGIC)
- Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC)
- USGS Earthquake Hazards Program Real-time Feeds and Notifications