GEMA/HS Mass Vaccination Sites FAQs
Who is eligible to get the vaccine?
Currently, the following groups are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination in Georgia:
- Healthcare workers (physicians, nurses,
- lab technicians, EMS)
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Personnel
- First Responders
- Residents and staff of long-term care facilities
- Individuals aged 65+ and their caregivers
- Educators and staff (Pre-K, K-12, DECAL licensed or exempt childcare programs)
- Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their caregivers
- Parents of children with complex medical conditions
- Individuals aged 16 years and older with certain medical conditions that increase their risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Note: Pfizer is the only COVID vaccine currently approved for children aged 16 and older
If you make an appointment and are not included in the above categories, you will be turned away from the site and you will not receive a vaccine. For a complete list of medical conditions that qualify, visit myvaccinegeorgia.com.
Who qualifies as a caregiver of someone over 65+?
Caregivers provide care to people who need some degree of ongoing assistance with everyday tasks on a regular or daily basis. The recipients of care can live either in residential or institutional settings, range from children to older adults, and have chronic illnesses or disabling conditions. In order to be eligible to receive a vaccine under Phase 1A+ as a caregiver, the person that you are providing care to must be over 65 years old.
How do I schedule an appointment?
You can schedule an appointment online at https://myvaccinegeorgia.com/.
Do I need to schedule an appointment?
Yes. GEMA/HS Mass Vaccination Sites will not accept non-registered drive-ups.
Do I have to schedule my appointment online?
No. You can schedule your appointment over-the-phone using the site-specific number listed below:
- Macon Farmers Market: 844-274-9841
- Albany Georgia Forestry Commission: 844-275-3428
- Delta Air Lines Museum: 844-275-5425
- Habersham County Fairgrounds: 844-275-5388
- LakePoint Sports Complex: 844-275-8966
- Gulfstream Aerospace: 844-276-2906
- Columbus Civic Center: 844-276-1131
- Waycross Mall: 844-276-3952
- Sandersville Word of Life Church: 844-276-0928
How many sites are there and where are they located?
There are 9 sites:
- Macon Farmers Market: Bibb County, 2055 Eisenhower Parkway, Macon, GA 31206
- Albany Georgia Forestry Commission: Dougherty County, 2910 Newton Road, Albany, GA 31701
- Delta Air Museum: Fulton County, 1220 Woolman Place SW, Hapeville, Georgia 30354
- Habersham County Fairgrounds: Habersham County, 4235 Toccoa Highway Clarkesville, GA 30523
- LakePoint Sports Complex: Bartow County, 261 Stars Way, Emerson, GA 30121
- Gulfstream Aerospace: Chatham County, 2 Innovation Drive, Savannah, GA 31408
- Columbus Civic Center: Muscogee County, 1 Lumpkin Blvd, Columbus, GA 31901
- Waycross Mall: Ware County, 2215 Memorial Drive, Waycross, GA 31501
- Sandersville Word of Life Church: Washington County, 1214 S. Harris Street, Sandersville, GA 31082
When are the sites open?
The Sites in Bibb County, Dougherty County, Fulton County, Habersham County and Muscogee County will operate from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Sites in Chatham County, Ware County and Washington County will operate from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
The Site in Bartow County will operate from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday.
Can I schedule an appointment at any site?
Yes. Georgia residents can schedule an appointment at any of the sites.
Will the vaccine be free at these locations?
Yes. There will be no out-of-pocket cost to the patient.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
You will need to show site personnel the QR code generated for your appointment. You can have the QR code either on your mobile device or printed out. You will also need some form of identification.
Do I need to come back for a second dose?
Yes. You will need to schedule a second appointment within 4 weeks after your initial appointment.
How do I schedule my second dose?
Sharecare will contact you to schedule an appointment within 3 weeks of your initial appointment. You will not have to preregister again for your second appointment.
Where can I find out more information about the vaccine?
You can visit the COVID-19 Vaccination page on the Georgia Department of Public Health’s website at https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-vaccine-general-faq.
If I’ve received my first dose already through the local health department or a private provider, can I schedule my second dose at the site?
No. You should contact the entity you received the first dose from and schedule the second dose with them.
According to the website, there are no more appointments available for this week. When will I be able to schedule an appointment for next week?
If you are preregistered, you will receive a notification when more appointments are available.
I’m a healthcare professional and would like to assist at the Mass Vaccinations Sites. Are you accepting volunteers?
At this time, volunteers are not currently needed to staff the Mass Vaccination Sites. However, you can register on the State Emergency Registry of Volunteers (SERVGA) site with the Georgia Department of Public Health if you would like to assist with emergency response in the future.