911 Fee Remittance Information
911 Fee Distribution Reports
The reports generally cover a month’s worth of 911 fee collections. For example, January fees will be collected then disbursed to the local jurisdictions around Mid-March. This accounts for the time needed by service providers to collect the fees and submit to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR). It also gives DOR time to process the payments. Some reports may account for other month’s fees if payments are late, etc. Please see the GECA FAQs page for more information.
|Distribution Month||Prepaid Wireless Fee (PWF)||Non-Prepaid Charge (NPC)|
|March 2019||January Collections PWF||January Collections NPC|
|April 2019||February Collections PWF||February Collections NPC|
|May 2019||March Collections PWF||March Collections NPC|
|June 2019||April Collections PWF||April Collections NPC|
|July 2019||May Collections PWF||May Collections NPC|
|August 2019||June Collections PWF||June Collections NPC|
|July Collections PWF||July Collections NPC|
|October 2019||August Collections PWF||August Collections NPC|
|November 2019||September Collections PWF||September Collections NPC|
|December 2019||October Collections PWF||October Collections NPC|
|January 2020||November Collections PWF||November Collections NPC|
|February 2020||December Collections PWF||December Collections NPC|
New 911 Fee Remittance Process Information
- Scheduled to be processed on the 10th business day of the month and local governments should have in account by the 12th business day
- Georgia Department of Revenue 911 Charges Policy Bulletin
- How to Register a Non-prepaid 911 Charge Account
- The Department has posted the non-prepaid 911 charge Excel return template on the Department's tax template webpage.
- Beginning February 1, 2019, telephone service suppliers will be able to file a non-prepaid 911 charge return by filling out the Excel return template and importing it into GTC (Georgia Tax Center).
- Instructions on how to import the template are available on the Department's website.
- Registration for non-prepaid 911 charge accounts will be available on January 17, 2019.